The government of Italy has taken serious steps to manage the widespread of coronavirus in the country. The country’s Prime Minister announced that a total shutdown of the country on Monday evening. He said that the move was taken in order to protect the population, and especially the most fragile individuals.
The shutdown which only affected the northern part of Italy earlier has now been extended to th whole country.
“All the measure of the red zones are now extended to all of the national territory,” Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said at a press conference on Monday evening.
Also, all public events have now been banned until April everywhere in Italy. The lockdown affects over 60 million people in Italy, including the islands of Sicily and Sardinia.
The rest of Italy now joined the northern provinces under lockdown. The total shutdown is one of the strictest measurees taken to contain widespread coronavirus- Covid-19 outside of mainland China
So far, Italy is the worst hit country in Europe and outside of China with a total ,172 cases of coronavirus infections and 463 people dying from sickness caused by the virus.