A 15-year-old teenager identified only as Xiaobin reportedly suffered a stroke that left his left arm paralyzed, after spending the past month gaming and sleeping just two hours a night.
His parents thought he was in his room taking online courses only to discover he was engrossed with video games non-stop.
She revealed further: “I saw his online conversation with friends. He said he wasn’t well-rested and was sleeping for at most two hours a day.”
Xiaobin was rushed to a hospital in March after passing out in his home in the city of Nannning where a CT scan revealed that he had suffered a stroke.
The youngster has been spending his days at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic that necessitated a lockdown in several countries.
His mother said he shut the windows and locked the door and they had no idea what he was doing in there.
Dr. Li, a brain specialist at the hospital the stroke is highly unusual at such a young age but was most likely caused by the unhealthy lifestyle he had been leading for the past month.
His unusual stroke left him with a paralyzed arm and hand.
Additionally, medical experts advised parents to reduce free they give to children with phones, video games and other gadgets, which may lead to health problems.
They also advised parents to often monitor and supervise their children and take time to check what they do on the phone or with any other gadget.
A psychologist advised that children should not be allowed to spend more than two hours a day on any gadget to prevent addiction and health problems.