A 3 year old boy, Captain Chuenbubpha from Samut Prakan, Thailand, accidentally set himself on fire when he and his older brother Nonoe, five, were playing as they were getting ready for school.
Captain Chuenbubpha, became engulfed in flames at his home after the highly inflammable santizer gel was squirted on him.
On Wednesday August 26, Captain poured the gel all over his arms and hands, then splashed it onto his uniform and squirted the contents of the gel container at his brother.
His brother squirted it back at the him, then the two picked and lit up a cigarette lighter they took from their parents’ bedroom drawers and Captain, who had the most alcohol gels on his shirt, was immediately engulfed in flames within a few seconds.
Their uncle, Thanwa Chuenbubpha, who rushed Captain to hospital after hearing his screams has warned other parents about the danger of the gel.
The Uncle revealed shock confused him when he first after saw his nephew burning on his neck, chest, and arms.
Thanwa said: “I ran to the kids when I heard them crying. I did whatever I could to stop the fire as soon as possible before it burns the boy more.” He said used his bare hands to kill the flames before tearing the uniform out of the crying boy and added that: “I smothered him to put out the flames. They were extinguished quickly but he still had injuries all over his body.”
Captain was later taken to the hospital in an ambulance. The child has recovered well with minor burns after staying at the hospital for one night.